xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: A recipe for the perfect cup of coffee

Monday, September 17, 2012

A recipe for the perfect cup of coffee

Remember how bummed I was the other day when I kept the kids home and had to cancel my lunch with Danielle? Well, it actually worked out for the best, because we went out on Friday night, instead.

Heh heh. Yeah.

Saturday morning (afternoon. whatever.) I wake up to see that Danielle has posted this awesome "coffee recipe" to Facebook, which we all agreed needed to be turned into a blog post, complete with illustrations.

So, all the text in this post is taken directly from Danielle's Facebook update, and I drew the illustrations (I actually stole 2 of the faces from reddit. You can tell which are the ones I stole because they actually look like faces).


I have discovered the recipe for the perfect cup of coffee. Because I love you all so much, I'm going to share. It requires some planning ahead. First, you have to go out to dinner with a friend. Say, Jillsmo, for example.


Then, you have to drink 3 gin & tonics


debate having the 4th for a little bit


cave to better judgment, and have the 4th. 


Take a cab home. 


Pass out mid-conversation with husband. 

Wake up at 3:30 a.m. with a headache that screams, "I TOLD YOU SO!"  Down 4 Advil with a half-gallon of water. 

Wake at 6:30 a.m. to pee. Rub temples to relieve pain of slightly duller headache. 


Wake again at 9:00 to small child literally prying open your eyelids. 

Trudge downstairs. Make pot of coffee. It really does not matter what kind at this point. 

Take first sip and realize that it crosses your lips tasting like the sweet nectar of the gods. 
Serves 1. You're welcome.