xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#' Yeah. Good Times.: Why doesn't anybody want chocolate for breakfast?????

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Why doesn't anybody want chocolate for breakfast?????

Oh, god, you guys.... I am so tired.

So, so tired.....

Child 1 has bad sleeping habits. It's my fault. I know. He starts in his own bed but comes into mine every night, which is usually the point when I stop sleeping. You can read about it here. I've been unsuccessfully and not even really very enthusiastically trying to change this for a while now, because at this point I figure I'm just fucked and I have to wait for him to decide it's time to stay in his bed all night.

That doesn't stop me from trying, though, and I've been attempting to come up with things that would be awesome incentives for him to want to stay in his bed all night.

And what's a better incentive than chocolate, right?? What kid doesn't love chocolate? I know this kid sure does. So, last week I told him he could have chocolate for breakfast if he stayed in his bed all night long.

His response? "Naahhhh, I don't want chocolate for breakfast."

LIES!!!!!!!! He wants chocolate for breakfast, he just wants to come into my bed more.

Goddammit.

But the latest trend in night time antics? Child 2 has now started coming into the bed with me. He usually comes first, and then Child 1 appears a few hours later.

I get no sleep when this happens. See? LOOK AT MY EYES!!!

It's been happening every night for the last 4 nights now, so last night I told Child 2 that he could have chocolate for breakfast if he stayed in his bed all night. He was very excited about that, and readily agreed to the plan. I was very optimistic.

But then at around 1:00 this morning, in he climbs, and before I even have a chance to say a word, he says "Mama, I decided I don't want chocolate for breakfast, after all" and then immediately passes out.

Goddammit!!!

I guess I'll be having the chocolate for breakfast. To ease the pain.

UPDATE: I sat Child 2 down earlier so we could discuss BedGate, and he started crying because he's been having bad dreams about being attacked by a giant ladybug and the only thing that helps him is to come sleep with me. sigh. So... I guess we'll be doing that for a while....